Thursday, September 25, 2008

roadtripping

I have two major aspirations in terms of going to soccer games right now, the first is to attend the World Cup in 2010 in South Africa with a bunch of my friends. That plan is on track. The second is a more lofty and spread out goal. A quest that I have no knowledge of anyone popularizing or even publicizing. It is to take the MLS stadium tour, to hit each MLS stadium in both the US and Canadia.You always hear about the people who travel from MLB stadium to MLB stadium across the US, and what a grand old time they have doing it. I would prefer to see the magnificence of BMO Field and the Red Patch Boys and kick it in the Nordeke in Columbus

and scope out Real Salt Lake's new digs instead of spending time in the friendly confines or the BOB, watching a sport that has quickly lost my interest. sorry baseball, but even during the summers, there is plenty of good soccer that is more interesting then you are. So this is the beginning of the trip, the gran voyage across north america to support a league that I have grown up with and hope to grow old with. and maybe if all goes well, I can even do a little compare and contrast with the stadiums that I visit in South Africa and maybe even Europe too. However, this trip is dependent on things outside my control, like who gets the next expansion and when it occurs. and when slackers like San Jose actually nail down their stadium plans. For now, the tally is at one, my trip to the Home Depot Center doesn't count, cuz those have all been for US games. The one is the Oakland Coliseum for quakes galaxy august 08. might not be magnificent, but you gotta start somewhere

No comments: